Are you working professionally with IT in Denmark? - Join PROSA and our Unemployment Insurance Fund
With 16,000 members working or studying within IT, PROSA stands out as the leading interest group and labour association for organised IT Professionals in Denmark.
Our membership benefits include:
- Legal aid (contract check, salary negotiation, crisis help / lawyer etc.)
- Career advice regarding CV and cover letters
- Newsletter in English with IT related events
- Newsletter in Danish with local IT related events
- Free IT courses and events – check out www.prosa.dk/kalender
- A strong network with other IT professionals
- Cash benefits (bank, insurance, pension, discounts)
- Tips about unadvertised IT jobs
- Lobbyism and activism regarding privacy, IT politics etc.
Union and "A-kasse"
Unions and Unemployment Insurance Funds ("A-kasse") are two separate, but linked organisations:
- The union is a professional community which also offers legal advice, discounts etc.
- The "a-kasse" is a mutual unemployment insurance fund to ensure you an income if you get unemployed and live up to the legal requirements (including a general work permit)
The union fee is differentiated according to your status and average weekly work hours:
- More than 30 hours – DKK 399
- Between 15 and 30 – DKK 212
- Less than 15/unemployed – DKK 127
- Students: Free
The a-kasse fee is the same at all times – DKK 457.
Please note that both union and a-kasse fees are 100% tax deductible.